Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Smoothies!!!!

Last summer I went on a serious smoothie kick. Serious. And with the weather getting warm again, I knew that smoothie season was coming back. Abby and I have spent the last month or so scoping out prices for a blender to buy when we finally moved. Unfortunately, the immersion blender is more popular here than full-blown blenders so we were having trouble finding the perfect blender. Until we discovered this bad boy:


When Abby's mom was visiting last week, we were walking to get some of Istanbul's most famous baklava when we spotted a Turkish Swiffer. Abby's mom found that our cleaning habits left a little something to be desired (I'm sure my mother has absolutely no idea what she's talking about, she's has only ever praised my cleaning skills), so the Turkish Swiffer went into our metaphorical basket. 

THEN, on the top shelf, 6 feet above our heads, this blender was spotted. The box actually calls it a "smoothie maker". How lucky are we??? And check out that built-in spout on the side. Fancyy. Abby's mom bought that for us too.

So we spent last weekend smoothie-ing, and Abby spent a good amount of time whipping 'em up at our parties, which went very well by the way. No casualties to report. 

This blender is going to define Summer 2012. We should probably name it. 

And a huge thank you goes out to Tracy! Thank you so much!! You're the best!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're enjoying it, but I'd like to point out that it was your landlord who complained about your cleaning habits, not me!!

    ReplyDelete