Monday, March 18, 2013

Flowers

I spent a couple days cleaning my balcony a couple of weeks ago. The balcony looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a very long time. It was covered in bird poop. But I finally got it clean enough to walk out barefoot or in socks, and boy was I impressed with my cleaning skillz. After I hit a level one might call "Acceptable", I decided to go for "Awesome". And yes, my flowers are Awesome. 


I bought 100tl worth of planters, flowers, and soil. But then it rained, and I had to wait three days before I could get my flowers into the hanging planters. And then I ruined all my hard work on the balcony. 


But the end result is really nice. I see the flowers as soon as I walk in my front door every day, and the couch faces the window by the balcony. These flowers really make my house feel more homey. 


Ignore the paint that's chipping from the rail. I can't do much about that yet. I have this conflict between wanting to make my house look nice and not wanting to invest too much money into an apartment that I don't own. We'll see what side the rail lands on.

No comments:

Post a Comment