Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Henna

Henna isn't exactly a Turkish thing but the house had some left over from a hair dyeing adventure (not mine, promise. although i've been told i need to dye my eyebrows so if anyone has any thoughts on that, let me know). So Niko took to drawing on all of us. I picked the soft swirls that seem to grow out of each other and the dots were Niko's idea. What do you think?


That picture was taken during, and after a couple of hours wrapped in saran wrap, it looked like this. 


It looks pretty orangey. Really, I look orangey too. It's the lighting in my house. I don't look jaundiced in real life. But it darkens up over time. This is today. 


Can you see a difference or does the orangey light mitigate any possible change? Here's a look from our entryway.


Ta-da! I'm a big fan of the viney swirls and dots. Even though it's chilly and I've been wearing long-sleeves so no one else can see it, I know that it's there. It makes me happy to think about the happy pattern that's secretly on my arm. Thanks, Niko!

2 comments:

  1. Niko is such a keeper! Looks beautiful. I agree with the person who told you to dye your eyebrows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I like most about this post is that I can see your watch and the ponytail holder on your wrist, and I know THIS IS KATI! It is like proof of life of my wayward (in the good way) daughter.

    ReplyDelete