Friday, December 16, 2011

Junior Boys

Abby's sister is visiting us this week! She is a freshman at Northwestern and is spending the first week of her winter vacation here. Both of them are leaving for America on Monday, and I know I'll be lonely without them here by my side so I'm spending as much time with them as I can. On Wednesday the three of us went to Şişhane to see a band called Junior Boys.


They are an electro-pop group, and they sounded awesome. I didn't know any of their songs but I still found myself bouncing along to their beats. 


The concert also gave me a peek into an Istanbul subculture: I've found the hipsters. Well, they're not hipsters exactly but they've got that very cool Anthropologie look going - without actually having an Anthropologie. The girls at this concert had style. 

Anyway, check out Junior Boys. The band has been around for over ten years and based on the number of YouTube plays, I certainly didn't discover them. In fact, this song that I really like is from 2007. They gave a great concert, and I'm glad that I was able to not only listen to them live but also see the Turks that are into electro-pop. 

1 comment:

  1. It was so fun to meet Abby's sister at your birthday party!

    ReplyDelete