Thursday, December 15, 2011

Things

This blog post is going to be photos that I can't justify writing an entire blog post about. So bear with me as I bring your attention to some random things that I've found amusing. First, Sperry's.


Yes, Sperry's have made their way to Istanbul. I have to say that the guy wearing these Sperry's looked very cool in his red pants. Much cooler than this Canadian Mountie wannabe:


Look at this buff dude crossing the road safely within the crosswalk! He seems a little over-prepared to me but if you walk as he walks, you will make it to the other side of the street safely. Promise. Next:


Ads for Nutella have been making there way around Istanbul in the past month or two. I see them mostly at bus stops but I saw this one last night on the Metro. It is touting Nutella as "Morning's energy." This makes sense because if you eat sugar for breakfast, you will feel energetic. Give it to your kids! Similarly, the American Nutella commercials tell you that you can get your kids to eat wheat bread if you smother it with Nutella. Sugar - it masks the taste of healthy food and makes you hyper!!!!!!!!!!

Finally, one of the wireless networks near our house is titled "Beam Me Up Scotty."


I have not idea who this funny person is or where they live but I take comfort in the fact that a Trekkie lives nearby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment