Friday, February 10, 2012

Simmer Down

ZOMG! I had a successful cooking evening! I know it looks gross but it was really good!


It was carrot-lentil soup! I combined a couple different recipes from the interwebs plus all the advice my mother gave me, and this is what I got!

It's pretty thick, and it's pretty flavorful. The flavor is a mix of black pepper and garlic. Abby gave it two thumbs up but commented that next time I make it, I'm not allowed to add any extra spices. And she is totally right. The garlic just kind of sat on my lips for a while, being super garlicy. 

So yeah, carrots, onions, garlic, lentils, and water. Simmer down, baby. 

I can make soup! One step closer to being a real person. Now if only it didn't take me an hour to chop vegetables...

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for suggesting you use a head of garlic. Maybe Turkish garlic is stronger than what we can get here. At least, you will be safe from colds and vampires.

    ReplyDelete